Mischu Isabella Blend
Isabella Blend is an award-winning 100% premium quality washed Arabica coffee, freshly roasted in South Africa in a state-of-the-art coffee roaster.
The master blender man, Mikhael Bou Rjeily has two coffee shops in Cape Town and is also a matero (mate drinker). He invited the Matezvous Club for a coffee masterclass at his Coffee Showroom in Sea point and the coffee was just divine. In fact, The blend is still ranked #1 in Cape Town on oflocal.co.za.
Mikhael showed us how to prepare the coffee in a variety of ways, and my favourite was with the coffee plunger...
PLUNGER PREPARATION (as demonstrated by Mikhael)
- If unground, grind your coffee beans consistently coarse.
- rinse your coffee plunger with hot water.
- Add to plunger 1x heaped tablespoon ground coffee per cup.
- Soak with hot water (90 Deg C) for 30sec.
- Top-up with hot (90 Deg C) water.
- Leave to brew for 4 minutes then plunge.
- Strain into cups and enjoy.