250g Mischu Natural Decaf Beans
The Decaffeinate Process: raw green coffee beans are soaked in water and then sealed in a extraction vessel – a stainless steel container able to withstand extreme pressure. Liquid carbon dioxide (CO2) is then forced into this vessel and draws the caffeine from the coffee beans whilst leaving the flavour molecules intact.
The master blender, Mikhael Bou Rjeily has two coffee shops in Cape Town and is also a matero (mate drinker). He invited the Matezvous Club for a coffee masterclass at his Coffee Showroom in Sea point and the coffee was just divine.
BEST PLUNGER PREPARATION (as demonstrated by Mikhael)
- If unground, grind your coffee beans consistently coarse.
- rinse your coffee plunger with hot water.
- Add to plunger 1x heaped tablespoon ground coffee per cup.
- Soak with hot water (90 Deg C) for 30sec.
- Top-up with hot (90 Deg C) water.
- Leave to brew for 4 minutes then plunge.
- Strain into cups and enjoy.